Top five regrets (First World people) had when dying
I saw a cool article from the Guardian today on facebook.
It is a list of the top five things people express regretting about their lives when on their deathbeds (or close to), compiled by a nurse somewhere in Australia I think.
They read as follows:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
These days I feel like I am only messing up on Number 2, which feels great!! And I only work so much because it makes me happy!! If I find a girl or have a family, I hope I will have the strength and wisdom to change this work pattern though!!
But this list is a nice overview, a good standard against which to compare and plot my current trajectory through life!!